Friday, July 21, 2017

HOW IT ALL BEGAN ...


The first time I flew on an airplane I was in my early 20's ... the first time I visited Europe I was in my mid- 50's ... however in the past 8 years, I have visited Europe 5 times, visiting some places for the 1st time and other places visiting for a second time.  I love photography, scrapbooking and visiting Europe as well as places closer to home, so why not share my photos and my experiences ... Why not!

My daughter decided for her high school graduation in 2011 we should take a Mediterranean Cruise.  This surprised me just a bit since her older brothers really didn't care much where we visited for their high school graduation trips.  Okay, we went to Maui and the Bahamas! 

I was very intrigued by a visit to Europe since this would be my first trip there.  How exactly do we plan it, what do we do, and can we do this ourselves?  I finally decided that just going with a Mediterranean Cruise would be the easiest and safest plan, at least for our 1st time.

I remember walking down a street, after getting off the bus in Pisa and realizing ... Wow, we are actually in another continent ... we are in Italy ... this is rather awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY

  And it can't be fully visited in a day either!  We learned this on our trip.  Our 1st stop was to the magnificent Colosseum.  I was...